The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a succesful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014 and a second edition organised in Antwerp in September 2015, the third edition will be organised in connection with the XXIV EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2016) that will take place in Manchester (United Kingdom) from August 28 until September 1, 2016.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
There are many reasons why young students decide to study medicine. The profession has financial gains. But most of them enter this field because of personal calling. Whether you want to study medicine as your first choice or if it is a backup degree, you needto understand that getting into this profession is a long term commitment and not something that should be pursued if you want to take this career option lightly.
Studying medicine opens up many career opportunities. After you graduate you can choose from many careerstreams in the medical field.Here are more hints of the career path that you can select once you are a medicalgraduate. You may want to work in a hospital. You could alsostart a job in the scienceinstitutes or get into some professional field where you can enter into their medical department.
There are also doctors who take care of the healthcare costs in the economicsector. You may not see your future as a surgeon or a paediatrician but the medical degree gives you six years of education to decide which stream you would like to pursue.
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 3rd EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium will include:
- opening and closing keynote lectures given by inspiring leaders in medicinal chemistry
- oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.