The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a succesful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014 and a second edition organised in Antwerp in September 2015, the third edition will be organised in connection with the XXIV EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2016) that will take place in Manchester (United Kingdom) from August 28 until September 1, 2016.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 3rd EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium will include:
- opening and closing keynote lectures given by inspiring leaders in medicinal chemistry
- oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.